2020 Ram 1500 Kenosha, WI
It’s about time we heard some 2020 model news from the Ram brand.
Back again, the reliable base entry of the Ram 1500 pickup truck is on its way. What can drivers expect from the 2020 Ram 1500?
A carryover in most aspects after its major 2019 model year redesign, the biggest change announced for the 2020 Ram 1500 is its updated EcoDiesel engine option. This retuned diesel engine will now be available on all Ram 1500 configurations, including the Ram Rebel for the first time.
So, let's go over the returning specs and features of the 2019 Ram 1500 as well as the new model updates and improvements to the EcoDiesel engine! Here's our overview of the 2020 Ram 1500!
Comfort & Style
|3.6L V6 Baseline Engine with 305 Horsepower and 269 lb-ft of Torque||Uconnect 4C Infotainment with Integrated Navigation||Natura Plus Leather Seating|
|5.7L HEMI® V8 Upgraded Engine with 395 Horsepower and 410 lb-ft of Torque||Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System||Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof|
|Maximum Payload Capacity of 2,300 lbs||SiriusXM® Satellite Radio||RamBox® Cargo Management System|
|Maximum Towing Capacity of 12,750 lbs||Digital Cluster Display||Bighorn, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, Limited, Tradesman, and Rebel Trims|
2020 Ram1500 EcoDiesel Engine Spec and Features
Updates to the new EcoDiesel engine include:
- All-New 3L Turbocharged EcoDiesel V6 Engine
- 260 Horsepower and 480 lb-ft of Torque
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System Converted to Dual Loop System
- New Dual Vacuum Pump, Low-Friction, System Processes
- New-Generation Water-Cooled Turbocharger
- Optimized Combustion Chamber Geometry
- Optimized Compression Ratio – 16:5:1 to 16:0:1
- Redesigned Cylinder Head Intake Ports
- Redesigned High-Pressure Direct-Injection Fuel Injector Nozzles
- Redesigned Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Pistons
- Reduced NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) Mechanical Noises with Low-Friction and Lightweight Materials
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) - 50% Larger with New-Generation Diesel Oxidation Catalyst
The 2020 Ram 1500 comes with a 5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty and a 3-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty for bumper-to-bumper coverage.
The 2020 Ram 1500 truck, along with its new EcoDiesel engine option, is expected to release in the early winter period of 2019. For more information on the 2020 Ram 1500, and other upcoming Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram models, please contact us here at the Palmen Motors dealership. Our staff can be reached online, by phone, or with a visit to our dealership located in Kenosha, Wisconsin.